Gye Nyame Oware Table
- Genuine Oware game imported from Ghana
- Hand-made by a Ghanaian craftsman and provided with Bonduc seeds and rules
- Premier table version of the game with a carved Gye Nyame Ashanti symbol stand
- Oware is an example of the classic game of Africa played by Grandmasters but still easy to learn
- Suitable for all ages over 5 and for kids develops maths and strategy skills while having fun
Mancala is the classic game of Africa that could well be the oldest board game in the world. There are hundreds of versions of the game throughout Asia and Africa but Oware from West Africa and the Caribbean is the best known. It is also the version of Mancala usually played at competition level; however it is simple to learn and is great for children, enhancing both maths and strategy skills.
These Oware Tables are hand-made in Ghana from core hardwood of the Mahogany family. They are robust and elegant tables with a stand that has been carved into the shape of the Gye Nyame symbol, which represents the omnipotence and immortality of God for the Ashanti tribe. A simple pattern, that varies according to the whim of the craftsman, is etched into parts of the exterior
Always a talking point for visitors, the table comes with real Bonduc seeds and a rules sheet.
We also have matching Ashanti stools to accompany these Oware tables for those looking for a really stunning spectacle. A set of Oware table with Ashanti stools looks fantastic in the appropriate environment and could be the centrepiece for a games room or entrance hall.
See also: Ashanti Stools
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
Gye Nyame Oware Mancala Table with matching Ashanti Stools (Mahogany stained dark brown)
Table:64 x 23 x 38cm high. 7.3kg, each stool: 60 x 24 x 40cm high. 5.8kg
Table:25.2x9.1x15 inch high. 16lb, 2oz, each stool: 23.6x9.4x15.7 inch high. 12lb, 13oz