- Genuine Oware game imported from Ghana
- Hand-made by a Ghanaian craftsman and provided with Bonduc seeds and rules
- Interesting carved Oval exterior design that can be folded away to store the seeds
- Oware is an example of the classic game of Africa played by Grandmasters but still easy to learn
- Suitable for all ages over 5 and for kids develops maths and strategy skills while having fun
Masters Traditional Games has gone to great lengths to obtain genuine Oware boards from West Africa. It is easy to buy Chinese-manufactured boards but why do that when you can have the real thing?
Mancala is the classic game of Africa that could well be the oldest board game in the world. There are hundreds of versions of the game through Asia and Africa but Oware from West Africa and the Caribbean is the best known. It is also the version of Mancala usually played at competition level; however it is simple to learn and is great for children, enhancing both maths and strategy skills.
These boards have a bit more to them than the standard pencil Oware boards. They are oval shaped and this allows the store for captured pieces to be positioned in front of each player - which is an unusual but useful configuration.
It includes real Bonduc seeds and a rules sheet.
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
Open board: 47 x 44 x 3cm. Closed: 47 x 22 x 6cm
Open board: 18.5x17.3x1.2 inch. Closed: 18.5x8.7x2.4 inch