Extended Pencil Oware - Akoben symbol
- Genuine Oware game imported from Ghana
- Hand-made by a Ghanaian craftsman and provided with Bonduc seeds and rules
- Interesting carved exterior design that can be folded away to store the seeds
- Oware is an example of the classic game of Africa played by Grandmasters but still easy to learn
- Suitable for all ages over 5 and for kids develops maths and strategy skills while having fun
Masters Traditional Games has gone to great lengths to obtain genuine Oware boards from West Africa. It is easy to buy Chinese-manufactured boards but why do that when you can have the real thing?
Mancala is the classic game of Africa that could well be the oldest board game in the world. There are hundreds of versions of the game through Asia and Africa but Oware from West Africa and the Caribbean is the best known. It is also the version of Mancala usually played at competition level; however, it is simple to learn and is great for children- enhancing both maths and strategy skills.
These boards are hand-made in Ghana from a hardwood of the Mahogany family. They are extended versions of the simple pencil Mancala games with the advantage of storage holes at either end for the captured seeds. This version has an Akoben symbol carved into the exterior which is the Adinkra symbol for a war horn.
Includes real Bonduc seeds and a rules sheet. If you want to play Mancala the proper way, then this is your chance!
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
54 x 9 x 5cm high when closed. 0.8kg
21.3x3.5x2 inch high when closed. 1lb, 12oz