Ancient Egyptian Senet
Gaming boards of 3 x 10 squares have been found extensively in ancient Egyptian archaeological sites. The game was known to the ancient Egyptians as the Game of Thirty Squares or Senet (sometimes spelt Senat) and seems to have been extremely popular.
The rules of Senet have been deduced over time by games experts to a reasonable degree and the game is enjoyable for children and adults.
- Replica of the famous Ancient Egyptian board game
- Play as near as possible to the ancient rules with binary lots for dice
- Easy to play for children and adults or those interested in a bit of gaming history
- Wooden board with a pull-out drawer to contain the pieces
- Comes with uniquely shaped wooden pieces. Binary dice and rules included
The Senet board we sell here is a based on those found in various Egyptian tombs including those of Ramses III and Tutankhamen.
The hieroglyphics on the sides of the Senet board are reproductions of hieroglyphics found on a 3,000 year old papyrus and describe the "wandering of the soul in the underworld". It is very nicely crafted and comes with genuinely shaped pieces and binary lots (ancient dice).
The board measures (40 x 13cm) (16 x 5 inches) and is hand-made in hardwood. There is a pullout drawer for convenient storage of playing pieces - such a drawer also featured in many of the Senet boards found in ancient Egypt.
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
Date new stock due: 30 Nov 2015. Email us to be notified when new stock arrives.
Or order now and we will dispatch the item as soon as it arrives. Note the date is not guaranteed - delays occasionally happen.
Eng/Wales ETA: 5 working days
Ancient Egyptian Senet game (black)
- Senet (Senat or Sen't) was a game played by the ancient Egyptians and is an ancestor of Backgammon
- A contemporary minimalist design makes this the most stylish Senet game available today
- Manufactured from Beech and composition wood and includes pieces dice and rules
- A piece of history and serves as an entertaining game for all ages to enjoy
- Manufactured in Spain by renowned manufacturers Pico Pao
This stylish Ancient Egyptian Senet board features a minimalist contemporary design. The board is constructed from Beech and composition wood and painted black.
From Spanish manufacturer Pico Pao, the Senet game is supplied with 5 black playing pieces and 4 red beech wood dice as well as a set of rules.
The game has the standard layout and features the house of death and the bearing off squares so can be played with the standard rules, as we believe the game was played.
310 x 130 x 20mm, weight - 727g
12.2x5.1x0.8 inch, weight - 1lb, 10oz