Reversi is an abstract strategy board game invented during the Victorian era. It has remained popular for more than a century being given a boost in the 1970s when a version of it was re-marketed under the name 'Othello' and another in the 1990s when a computer version of it was included with the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Reversi involves play by two parties on an eight-by-eight square grid with pieces that have two distinct sides. Pieces typically appear coin-like, with a light and a dark face, each side representing one player. The goal for each player is to make pieces of their colour constitute a majority of the pieces on the board at the end of the game, by turning over as many of their opponent's pieces as possible.
- Reversi is a fantastic game of skill and strategy
- First invented in the Victorian era it has remained popular ever since
- Set includes a wooden playing board and reversible wooden playing pieces in a small tie bag
- A great game that is fun for all ages
- The aim of the game is to dominate the board by making the majority of playing pieces their colour
Reversi is a fantastic game of skill and strategy, first invented during the Victorian era. It has remained popular ever since and is a great fun game for all ages.
The aim of the game is to dominate the board by making the majority of playing pieces their colour.
This Reversi set features a wooden playing board and reversible wooden playing pieces in a small tie bag.
Packaged in a simple cardboard box.
Board 28 x 28cm. Pieces 19mm diameter.
Board 11x11 inch. Pieces 0.7 inch diameter.
Reversi - Duo Style
- A wonderfully designed eye catching Reversi set crafted from dyed Beech wood
- Complimented by two tone wooden marbles made from Paduak and Beech wood
- Reversi dates back to Victorian times and has stood the test of time
- Enjoyable strategy game suitable for children and adults alike
- Easy to learn but hard to master
This is a wonderfully designed Reversi Set crafted from dyed Beech wood.
The distinctive design of the Reversi board is complimented by the two tone wooden marbles made from Paduak and Beech wood. When pieces are taken, simply rotate the ball in the cup to change its colour.
Reversi was invented in the Victorian era - one of many popular new board games that appeared in the late 1900s. Later re-launched in the 70's under the Othello brand and given a new lease of life as part of the Windows operating system, it is one of only a few Victorian parlour games that have stood the test of time...
- Board: Dyeing Beech wood
- Pieces: 64 Beech wood and African Padauk wood Marbles
- Set of Reversi Rules
Please note the design has recently changed and the board now features square holes instead round ones.
Board - 415 x 230 x 23mm, Weight - 598g
Board - 16.3x9.1x0.9 inch, Weight - 1lb, 5oz
Othello - Reversi - Travel Size
- Travel size Reversi game
- Nice wooden construction
- Pegs are set inside holes so stay in place
- The lid of the case is flipped over and the board is housed inside during play
A nice, wooden, travel size Reversi game. Perfect for taking with you on your travels, the playing pegs are set inside holes so they stay in place, even on bumpy journeys.
The lid of the case is flipped over and the board is housed inside during play.
The playing pegs have one black end and one yellow end.
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.
138 x 138 x 30mm